Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gluten Free Hollywood Hills

The hills are alive with the sound of gluten free foods, that is the Hollywood Hills.  I have noticed that more and more celebrities are speaking about their allergy to gluten or Celiac Disease in general and how they live with it on a daily basis.  Must be rough having enough money to hire a personal chef to prepare your GF meals everyday....hmm.....I will ask my husband permission before I hire mine :)  One of the most well know Celiac is Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  Cohost of the view and the wife of an NFL player, she stays busy being a mom as well as writing books regarding her gluten free diet restrictions.  When I attended a Gluten Free Expo and Convention in Dallas last month, I learned that she also has her name on a few new gluten free food items out there in the market.  Other celebrities that also have Celiac Disease are Emmy Rossum and Keith Olbermann.  Now there are a stars that do not have Celiac, but have a gluten allergy (there is a difference you know...I will explain that in a later blog).  Such celebrities such as Zooey Deschanel, Rachel Weisz, and Chelsea Clinton all have these allergies.  I was excited that when Chelsea got married, that People magazine actually featured her GF wedding cake and an quick overview on her allergy.  High five to People magazine!  Other stars that eat gluten free are Victoria Beckham, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jenny McCarty.  Victoria Beckham-now don't get me started on her, she looks so unheatlhy that it looks like a strong wind would knock her over flat onto the ground.  I do have to say though that her husband is quite the looker (wink, wink).  What does he see in her anyways...Ok wait, I am getting off subject, see what happens when I starting thinking about her soccer stud husband.  :)  Jenny McCarty sticks to a gluten free diet for her son that was diagnosed with Autism at a very early age.  This type of diet has shown to work wonders with the performance of children with this diagnosis. 
I love how Celiac Disease will get a little attention here and there in the news....even locally here in Wichita I will see a small clip on the news regarding Celiac.  Now I just need to find out how to talk my husband into hiring that personal celebrity chef...

No comments:

Post a Comment