Monday, October 17, 2011

I gotta love lazy days....

Yes, today is Monday, but no, it is not a contract day for me so I get to sleep in and enjoy the day off.  A quick hello to all my blog followers that are at work today. :)  My son fell asleep at 7:15 last night, which is way early for him and slept until about 7:45 this morning.  I woke up this morning actually feeling rested, minus the horrible side affects of something created by the devil himself, ALLERGIES.  On this cool morning, I was thinking about what I am craving for breakfast today, since I normally do not eat breakfast on a work morning.  I thought of a recipe that our family friends passed on to us years and years ago that I absolutely love that I have converted to a GF recipe.  This is a great light morning breakfast, for those of you that are fruit lovers.  You first preheat the oven to about 425 degrees with 1/4 cup of butter in a 9 by 13 pan and let it melt while preheating.  Then you whip 4 eggs in a blender along with 1 cup of milk.  After that is blended nicely, you will add 1 cup of GF flour mix, my favorite if Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Baking Mix.  (This baking mix you just substitute one for one in any recipe with flour, very easy. ) You then mix well and pour into the preheated dish.  Cook for about 20 minutes.  In the mean time, warm some canned peaches and thicken with corn starch.  This will be used to pour over your cooked dough. Any fruit can be used, but I think that peaches are fabulous.  Then sprinkle cinnamon on top of the peaches and serve. Mine is in the oven now, smelling great!  And yes, be jealous of me having Monday off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment