Saturday, October 22, 2011

Garlic French Bread-A New Type of GF Wonderful

While at the expo\conference in Dallas at the beginning of the month, I had the opportunity to talk to the bakers of this product, Against the Grain GF Baguettes.  These were absolutely fabulous.  The sad thing was is that this company, based out of Vermont, does not ship to individuals. They only ship to stores, many of them Whole Foods in the Dallas, TX area.  So guess where I made my husband go before we left, you got it, Whole Foods.  You get two long baguettes for about $5.00 frozen. Totally worth the cost, these are fluffy and non grainy. I had the chance to try there pizza also and it was great.  Hopefully Against the Grain will be shipped to Kansas real soon.  :)  I made them last night with a garlic butter spread and I fell in love all over again with bread......Here is their websitehttp://www.againstthegraingourmet.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, a friend gave me your blog site my son so far not diagnosed with celics but been told no wheat from severe allergy. You should contact a Hyvee store near you the health market says if you want a product in their store they will do everything they can to get it there. It would be worth a shot for the Yummy bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you cmgraham,
    I used to live near a HyVee and since we moved a few years ago, the closet one is 175 miles away :( I miss that store greatly, as it was excellent as far as GF selection. I also liked how local bakers would supply gf items to them. I was thinking of trying Dillons, but I have heard several people complain about them not trying to heard to bring in requests. But it is worth a shot. Thanks for the idea! Thanks for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete