Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How to Survive a Zombie Invasion on a GF Diet

Since Ethan has been born, my husband and I really watch no tv whatsoever unless its Sundays for football (which I am entirely addicted to now due to fantasy football) or the random show that just happens to draw our interest. Usually these are the tv shows that we are excited to watch and we watch the first episode, then we occasionly forget the night it is on so we lose track of what's happening. That is where the wonderful world of Netflix streaming comes into this house. The only good thing about an Xbox 360 is all the live streaming that you can do through it, my husband would beg to differ. We were browsing through the Netflix selection this last rainy weekend and came across the AMC series "The Walking Dead". So far we are on episode three and I am hooked. I was wondering how this show was going to be any different than any other zombie movie/tv show/spoof out there in tv and movie land. (It is a great show and I recommend it to anyone that has even the slightest bit of sci-fi blood in them.
On the first episode of the series you get an idea of how the surviving ransack the abandoned homes of Atlanta after a zombie invasion and stock up on food to survive. Um, oh my gosh, what would I do in this type of situation? What the heck would I consume to survive? Of course, there would be your standard soggy canned green vegetables (which are naturally GF). But what about other things, like bread, packed foods, or anything else that I could find laying around the random house in my neighborhood. Would I risk starving to death or would I choke down some wheat filled substanance and feel like killing myself before the zombies would attack becasue of the massive stomach cramps that I would develop among other things that I will not mention?Would the Red Cross have a ration of GF foods for those that need them in any type of emergency situation? Thinking about this, maybe I should pack a GF emergency food kit so I have some type of survival technique just in case there would be a need, for example, a tornado, etc. For now I will hold my breath on the chance of a zombie attack in the near future, unless I hear differently. Who knows, maybe if it comes to that point in my life, I would just say goodbye to the world as I shove a large gluten filled piece of cake into my mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment